Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Xuanmin Jin


My youngest sister lives in Shanghai.

She's there for 6 months and from what I hear, I think she's having the time of her life. Apparently Chinese people stop her in the street to take pictures with her (I told her she should charge them for that and pay her rent with it). Take Scarlett Johansson, take Blake Lively, put both of them in a shaker, add a ton of humor and kindness, shake-shake-shake and you get my sister Camille. Not bad, right?

Anyway, she sent me an email this morning with some unknown to me photographer work: Xuanmin Jin. He takes these black and white pictures and picks a few elements in the picture to color. It screams East meets West (or at least the Pop part of the West). I got an instant and strong reaction to these pictures and wanted to share this with you.

So what did I do next? I reminded Camille that my birthday was in February and that she kind of had not sent me anything this year... Will let you know what comes in my mailbox soon, he he he...

2 comments:

  1. follow up on this story: Camille is apparently taking action, she just emailed me asking which ones I like the most!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spread the word

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails